I had an unusual urge yesterday, and I dived right into the waters of silliness. I haven't had that urge in some time and it felt so good.
I was feeling a little heavy hearted, a little overwhelmed with life, a little like some grey cloud had decided to park itself right over my head...and I hated it! But I knew that it wasn't caused by circumstances, it was something that my heart had decided to believe, some thought like, "will this ever change in my life?" And I had given into the response that it wouldn't...ever...change!
Levi had fallen asleep for another nap in the afternoon, Caleb was antsy, so we went outside. He trotted over around the house to the back, where Daddy's wood pile faithfully stood. Caleb started walking across the beams on the ground, the wind furiously moving across the fields. It caught up my neatly done hair, and then it caught my breath, and stole the song that was just on my lips. And I started singing...really singing, grateful that Caleb was the only one who could hear me. And then, my arms wanted up. And I felt like a child, I felt silly. I twirled with my head back, and my song rising, singing to the God who created this silliness in me, "All I need is You! All I need is You LORD, is You!"
It had been far too long. And the greatest part about it, was Caleb joined in the song and dance too, and the burden on my heart lifted.
2 comments:
when kids do that we think they are so cute, imadgen how cute u were ti God! i love it!
how wonderful Anne! I also have found when I feel gloomy, like the cloud is over my head, whether it was postpartum, the weather or sometimes just because, filling my home with the sounds of worship...even when I can't quite get the song out yet releases something in the spiritual realm and I'm free :o)
How great that your son is learning from you how to be free, sing and dance to the Lord!
Post a Comment