Growing up, I never liked the fact that I am so white.. White legs mean no shorts (in my opinion), and I was really self-conscious about not wearing shorts...ever! Double whammy! And it was a big deal when I bought shorts to wear for our honeymoon, in Cancun...hello? Who wouldn't wear shorts in Cancun...on your honeymoon? (Probably only me if my friends and family didn't coerce me!)
So Matt has always loved the fact that our skin is such a contrast. He tans REALLY easily and works outside, so he is almost always really dark. He was really dark when we got married, because every day he was in the Sun. Thus, he sang that song all the time. Looking at pictures of us during that time, that song always pops in my head. I don't think I know the rest of the words even, just "Ebony and Ivory!" (I found an old school youtube of the song, find it below.)I am now comfortable with my skin, and I like it! (Although you probably won't see me wearing shorts still.)

4 comments:
love this song, its a good one for u 2!!
This cracks me up... Lowell's always teasing me about my white legs/skin, too. I'm glad I feel so much more comfortable being how I am at this point in life. I always tell him that God made me this way and if other people can be proud of the color of my skin I can be fine with mine too. : ) Though I AM glad our children seem to take more after him than me!!!
This gave me a HUGE smile! Ron and I actually walked into our wedding reception to this song! LOL I hope you're doing well. We miss you.
Cathy...That is perfect for you guys! I love it! Hope you guys are doing well too!!
Hope to see you guys soon!
Melissa, I'm glad I'm not the only one. :)
Post a Comment