I didn't tell him I was sad, I didn't tell him much of anything, other than he couldn't go outside right now. I was exhausted and I felt the only thing I could do was take a nap somehow with already-napped boys who were currently crying and yelling at each other.
Yes, this was the perfect time to try to shut my eyes in the living room. Levi started crying again, and I felt I couldn't handle much more at that moment. So what did I do? I walked straight to my room, got into my bed, and pulled the covers over my head. Levi came to find me, but the game quickly wore off. He found something to play with.
By that time my head came out from under the covers, and Caleb came in complaining that he still wanted to go outside. I explained I would go outside with him in a little bit. Then...I pulled the covers over my head. I was feeling sad.
Then Caleb said something like, "this is terrible!" And I thought he was going to say something worse too, but instead, what he said changed my day.
"I'm here to love you Mommy! I'm here to love you! God is with you Mommy! God is really with you! I'm going to pray for you."
So I pulled my covers down and couldn't keep the smile in my heart from finding it's way onto my face. He held my hand, laid his head on the pillow and said, "God, I pray for Mommy, and I pray for Daddy, Amen!"
"Thank you, Caleb!" I got up pretty quick after that. Such a wonderful reminder from my 3-year-old. "I'm here to love you!" How can you be selfish when you have someone to remind you of their love? My sadness instantly was gone, and Caleb's prayer was answered. Such a priceless moment with my son! He is learning to be such a man of FAITH. I could learn a lot from him.
Thank you, Lord!
Yes, this was the perfect time to try to shut my eyes in the living room. Levi started crying again, and I felt I couldn't handle much more at that moment. So what did I do? I walked straight to my room, got into my bed, and pulled the covers over my head. Levi came to find me, but the game quickly wore off. He found something to play with.
By that time my head came out from under the covers, and Caleb came in complaining that he still wanted to go outside. I explained I would go outside with him in a little bit. Then...I pulled the covers over my head. I was feeling sad.
Then Caleb said something like, "this is terrible!" And I thought he was going to say something worse too, but instead, what he said changed my day.
"I'm here to love you Mommy! I'm here to love you! God is with you Mommy! God is really with you! I'm going to pray for you."
So I pulled my covers down and couldn't keep the smile in my heart from finding it's way onto my face. He held my hand, laid his head on the pillow and said, "God, I pray for Mommy, and I pray for Daddy, Amen!"
"Thank you, Caleb!" I got up pretty quick after that. Such a wonderful reminder from my 3-year-old. "I'm here to love you!" How can you be selfish when you have someone to remind you of their love? My sadness instantly was gone, and Caleb's prayer was answered. Such a priceless moment with my son! He is learning to be such a man of FAITH. I could learn a lot from him.
Thank you, Lord!
4 comments:
Wow...
Wow to the second!
So very sweet! : ) I have been there so many times! I love being at the point where I can ask my kids to pray for me when I'm needing help - or when we're ALL needing help!
That is so sweet!! :)
Post a Comment