I can't tell you how shocked I was to hear that word come out of his mouth...tumor. He said he wasn't concerned at all, since we had had an ultrasound done on it when he was 9 months old, and we got the all clear. But none-the-less, it still needed to be dealt with.
Matt and I have been praying for healing of this bump since he was only a few months old. And recently a friend texted me about wanting to join us in praying and even fasting for his healing. I agreed to fast with her, and pray over this bump above his left eye.
It was about a week later that I woke up to Levi coming into our room in the morning, and his face just looked a little different. I looked at his eye, and...it seemed like the bump had gone down in size. I didn't say anything, waiting for Matt to notice. He noticed the next day, and commented about it looking smaller. Excitement filled my heart. Could it be? It is definitely smaller, but still slightly there.
I don't understand the faith for the healing Jesus talks about throughout the gospels. I don't know of any formula that guarantees, pray this and you will get this. I have seen so many suffer and be prayed for and nothing happens. So I don't understand it at all. But I do believe that the One who said my sins are forgiven and I'm washed clean of any guilt, that He could also physically heal me and those dearest to me.
I read this morning in Matthew about a leper that came to Jesus and said, "Jesus, if you are willing, heal me." Jesus didn't say much at all; he simply said, "I am willing, be healed!" The leper believed Jesus could heal him, he only asked if he was willing.
These are the questions I have struggled over in my lifetime, "Lord are you capable of healing," and "Lord are you willing to do it now?" I have seen small answers to these questions, and now I am seeing it again. Levi's physical appearance has changed...that is current evidence that Jesus is capable, and He is willing.
The last two days I've been telling the Lord..."Lord I believe, Lord Jesus I believe!" My heart has been crippled so severely by choosing doubt over Him. I'm ready to fully move into a greater realm of faith. Lord I believe, get rid of my unbelief!
2 comments:
YES! Praying for complete healing! I don't pretend to understand how God's healing works, but I know that it is His heart to see us healed. Love what He is doing in precious Levi :)
Anne-Therese,
You're such a beautiful Mom and woman! Your heart is so pure and compassionate! I am believing with you all that Levi can and will be healed! <3 Thanks for the update!
Post a Comment