It has been 2 1/2 weeks now since Titus was born! I'm amazed at how seemless the transition seems to be going, compared to how I envisioned it. Ok, so it's no cake walk, but still...being a mom of 3 is not as difficult as I thought it would be.
Caleb has turned into a tremendous help with Titus, being so gentle and attentive to what he needs. And Levi is such a great help as well even in his 2 year-old-ness. They are the best of brothers to Titus, and I know they can't wait for him to be running around with them.
"Joy" has been the word around our house lately. And really, I know it is the greatest gift the Lord has given to us in this season. I have sensed the completion of an extended season of sadness. Suddenly, like a bolt of lightning, my heart was released of a heavy burden and a smile came to stay in my heart. I know it is also a choice, but it is first a tremendous touch of His grace!
Matt has been amazing through all of this. One of my greatest joys is watching him spend time with Caleb and Levi... playing ball outside, building a birdhouse, or going on an outing with them. They loved spending time with their Daddy, and I know they are already becoming great builders, both physically and spiritually.
I am really into the meaning and significance of numbers. I believe they are significant to the Lord as all throughout the Bible he used numbers in messages to his people. When Titus was born on the 21st, I knew that the Lord had a hand in it. I desperately wanted him to be born on the 17th or 18th, but through some very frustrating circumstances to me, it was decided for me that he would be born on the 21st. The number 7 means completion or perfection, and multiplied by 3 (which is the divine number) it means "divine completion." I knew the Lord was speaking to us, that our sadness was over, and the time for joy and celebration was to begin.
Another answer to prayer was how much Titus weighed...I had prayed that Titus would be no more than 10lbs, and the Lord definitely has a sense of humor, because Titus was exactly 10lbs!
Our lives and hearts are full! I am so excited to be raising 3 boys to be men of God, disciples of Jesus, and great husbands and fathers of the next generation.
No comments:
Post a Comment