Lately, when Matt and I have had some time at home without any agenda, we have had the choice to watch a movie, play a game, watch the Olympics online (no cable TV). But I have found that after any one of these, I'm still tired. I have a full, full time job! Everyday from 7 am to 9 pm, at the least. I keep hoping for that strength to return, so I can do it all over again.
That's usually where I remember that the Lord says to come to Him if we are weary, and He'll give us rest. This is a different type of rest than just putting in a movie, sitting back and taking it in for 2 hours. This is where I can hear deep in my spirit the message the Lord knows I need to hear, this is where I can dive deep into His rivers of living water and be refreshed. This is where I know the curse can not touch me, when I remember all my offenses are washed away by Jesus Christ. I need this type of rest. In fact I cannot get up tomorrow morning without remembering that He is on my side, rooting for me to rise up, and take ahold of the vision and purpose He has planned for my life.
To rest, is to remember. To rest is to pull back, regroup, and listen. To rest is to be still in the presense of our Father. That's the type of rest worth taking!
No comments:
Post a Comment