We live in a house that sits on about 22 acres. Most of it reaches well beyond what we see everyday, just over the hill. The farmers who rent the land from our landlord are having a hard time getting the crop to come up right now. This is the second batch of sprinkling they've done on the land. This time they are hoping the flowers come up.
For some reason as I came around the bend about to pull into our driveway tonight, what I saw took my breath away for a moment, just before the logic told the romantic in me that they were just sprinklers. But it was so beautiful; arcs of water reaching all across the acres of land, soaking into the dry earth. I love it here! It is so great to live in San Luis Obispo and also live in the country.
It reminds me of my Grandparents house in See Canyon. They had 250 acres of canyon land. I absolutely loved visiting there as a young girl with my family. They had an apple orchard and as a treat my Grandpa would take us for tractor rides. We would sit up behind the huge wheels, hold on for dear life and squeal with laughter. I miss those days!
Now Caleb and Levi are growing up around the same surroundings of nature and growth; the seasons of planting and reaping; of harvest time! This just fills me with awe, I love how nature is such a picture of what is going on in the spiritual realm. It always comes back to that...
1 comment:
The country holds a special place in my heart as well. It is so awe-inspiring to see how the Lord provides for the farmers and their families...and how, as you said, nature paints the perfect picture of God's love and provision for us.
Post a Comment