Monday, October 6, 2008

waiting



I pulled back the curtains of fantasy today and saw some harsh reality mixed with the sunshine of hope! The wind was blowing so hard in the midst of a sunshiny day, and I felt the Lord say,
"what are you waiting for, Anne?"

What am I waiting for? I've seen once again the awe and the brevity of life so close by. My new nephew from Thailand was a sight of hope this past weekend, adopted into an amazing family. And just a few days before, my heart was aching for my brother who came very close to the taste of death in a car accident.

Life is full of tremendous joys as well as heartache and longing. My spirit has been longing for more in the midst of the joys of being a mother to my sons. What is that longing? The Lord has so graciously reminded me lately when I start to forget the sound of that longing: I was born for more than this. And the Lord is waiting for me to choose it. It won't just show up on my front door one day. I must fight for it and take my family with me!

I love the sound of the battle cry in my soul. It resounds in me when I choose the Lord above all else. The Lord is calling me to cry out, to not be silent right now. There is no time like the present, and now is the time. I cannot wait for tomorrow. My life, in the hands of the Lord will make a difference in a world that is indifferent to Him. This is the fight. And I choose it today.
The Lord has been waiting,
and I have nothing to lose.

No comments: