Caleb is the sweetest little boy and I just have to share! I was having a discussion with Matt a few days ago and I happened to be crying and a little upset. So in the middle of it he came over to me with big eyes and kept saying "Mommy" and patting my knee. Then he hopped into my lap with his eyes locked into mine, and he kept saying Mommy and a bunch of jibberish as if he was trying to console me on the situation. I told him that Mommy was sad, and I made the motion down my cheek with a finger, which is sign language for sad. He looked at me and then gave me a kiss on the cheek. I obviously couldn't stay upset after that!
At church yesterday I was in the nursery with him and a few other babies, and I was holding a sweet little boy who was crying a lot. Caleb came over and patted him on the back. I told him that the baby was sad, and made that motion down my cheek. I could see Caleb making a connection in his mind for a moment, then he said, "ug" and gave the baby a hug.
He's been making the distinction between mean and nice lately. And any time he is about to hit Levi or ram his body into my shoulder, he says "mean-a". I quickly correct him and say "nice please." For the most part he repeats me, and becomes very gentle. It feels so amazing to have this little son of mine putting connections together about other people, and how he interacts with them. He has such a soft and compassionate spirit.
2 comments:
I just LOVE little boys!!! That's such a sweet story.
A couple of weeks ago, Toby saw me laughing so hard I was crying and he was very confused... kept asking me if I was sad. I tried to explain, once I caught my breath that I was just laughing. Then this last Friday when I was actually sad-crying and he saw me, he was concerned again but this time asked me, "Are you crying, Mommy? Is something funny?" Which of course made me laugh. So, so sweet.
That is so adorable that he was trying to comfort you when you were upset!
I love that picture of him..he has GORGEOUS eyes!!
Post a Comment